Friday, June 7, 2019

Day Two: Burchfield Branch Park, Alabama

I'll start by saying I did not like driving though Alabama.  The roads were horrible and the traffic was like driving through Atlanta, Ga!

We drove through Montgomery and Birmingham.  I had never seen so many abandon vehicles along side the road on an major highway.  There was debris and trash everywhere. After stopping for gas we noticed our tote on the back bumper was bouncing.  One of the bracket had broke.  I'm not going to blame the road on that since the bracket was rusted (we didn't know) but the bouncing finished it off. 

We found the Burchfield Branch Park & Bankhead Dam COE in Brookwood, AL to be decent.  The staff was friendly when we arrived to check in and the site was very nice, level and partially shaded.  The view was great but the sites are a little tight, close together.  But overall it was good.

Burchfield Branch Park Site #5

Our View
 I was a little disappointed that this was as close to the dam as we could find.  But overall it was beautiful.  I think I may have a thing for dams, maybe I should call this Our Dam Vacation?

Bankhead Dam

Bankhead Dam

Black Warrior And Tombigbee Lakes (USACE) 

Black Warrior And Tombigbee Lakes (USACE) 

Sunset

Girl M & Lulu

Quick photo op

This is the life!
 The air conditioner is still taking a long time to cool.  I know it's almost 94 degrees in it when we start setting up but it's taken over 4 hours to cool it down to 80 degrees.  But by bedtime it's cooled to 78 and it stays cool all night.  I'm just overthinking this.

Then we noticed that part of our roof on the front left to the center of the camper was being lifted up.  Oh my, this is starting to stress me out now.



Dear Hubby, being the clever, patient one, said we'll find a Lowe's buy a ladder, some duct tape and be ok again. 

So tomorrow we're off to Lowe's along our route to Mississippi River State Park in Arkansas.

Until next time...............

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment