Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Day Five: Eureka Springs, AR

I think Lulu is wanting Girl M. to get up!  That's a sweet picture!

Wake UP!

They release water from the dam late in the morning and if you get out early enough the water is low and they were catching trout like crazy.

Low River this morning

Good Fishing

Look who is on the roof looking at the Air Conditioner!  I shut of this morning and would not come back on.  We turned everything off, waited and hour and nothing!  I knew I wasn't crazy thinking something was going to happen!

A/C troubleshooting

We called Lake Country RV to see if they do mobile repairs, they don't.  They gave us the phone number to two men who do and we chose one to call.  Mr. Powell was a very nice man who couldn't get to us soon so he talked us through what to check.  We sent some photos he requested and he promptly called us back.  He helped us troubleshoot many things over the phone and he finally ended up telling us he thought that the A/C unit was just shot.  Mr. Powell suggested we go to Wal-Mart and buy a portable A/C to get us through the trip.

So we're off to Wal-Mart to buy a portable Air Conditioner but we had a few detours along the way.  We stopped by the Beaver Lake Dam.


Beaver Lake Dam

They release water from the bottom of the dam making the river so cold for trout.  The water from the top is released for flood control.  Pretty cool.

Beaver Lake Dam

This is what we saw when we got out of Wal-Mart.  Bobo wanting to know if we got him something!

Bobo waiting for us

On the way back we stopped at a Bad to the Bone Barbeque.  They had outside seating so we were able to take the dogs.

Selfie waiting for our Order

Dear Hubby & I both had the brisket, it was tender and very good!  They didn't have many sides to choose from.  No green vegetable except coleslaw.  Sometimes eating out is hard for our Keto lifestyle.

Beef Brisket at Bad to the Bone Barbeque

Girl M. had the nachos and was unable to finish them.

Mmmmmm Nachos!

While Dear Hubby & Girl M were trying to fish we kept hearing helicopters.  We thought they may be rescuing someone but we realized it was the Electric company and they were working.  Those are linemen hanging from the rope!  I bed they get paid good money!

Linemen

The river was back up in the afternoon.  Dear Hubby & Girl M. tried more trout fishing.  Good thing I had dinner planned out or we may have gone to bed hungry!

River is up

Trying to fish

Dear Hubby fishing

Girl M trying this fishing thing

River fog late in the afternoon.  The temperature was in the mid 80's and the water was 40 degrees.

Fog on the river

Dear Hubby trying to fish.  The fog on the river would come and go.  Kinda creepy.

Fishing in the Fog

Girl M. and I walking the dogs.

Walking the dogs

Geese on the lake with fog.

Geese and fog

I think we wore Lulu out, she's ready for bed!

Lulu is ready for bed

Dear Hubby hooked up our new portable air conditioner and it's cooling the camper.  I know I wasn't crazy thinking things weren't working like they should.  I takes up a little room in the living area but we'll make it work.

Right before bed I tried the overhead air conditioner and it turned on and started cooling.  Now I think I'm going crazy!  I'm keeping the portable unit "just in case!"

Until next time.................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the ac troubles, but always love to see your travel posts. I think it's good that you have the portable unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The portable unit is more like peace of mind with this crazy moody AC! Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete