Friday, August 3, 2018

Vacation 2018 Day Nine Headed Home

We left High Falls State Park expecting a 5 hour drive home.......but nothing goes as planned.  About 2-1/2 hours into the drive we lost another tire.  The fourth one!  Now we have to try to find a tire shop open on a Sunday!

We found a Wal-Mart in Tifton, Ga with an Auto Center so after waiting over an hour for the tire person to come back from lunch we were back on our way heading South.

Then our truck started acting up.  We think the turbo is going out in it.  So we chugged home slowly like a train.



 Then about 60 miles from home traffic crept so slowly.

We finally made it home in a record 8-1/2 hours!

To my house, my pool, my bathtub!


When camping I miss my bathtub the most.  Soaking, relaxing, unlimited hot water.

My bathtub

Overall the Jayco Eagle 5th wheel camper did great.  This is the first time we've camped with just the three of us and Girl M is very neat and easy going.  No kids fighting, no trying to keep everyone entertained.  She said she likes being the only child left!

I love how easily we can pack up and get ready to go without a slide-out.  It feels like it at least.

We're planning on a trip to Cape Canaveral, FL before school starts back.  Three days at the beach sounds like a good vacation ending to me!

Until next time............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment