Monday, August 13, 2018

A Quick Trip to Hunt Camp, Lumpkin, GA

We gave our Resort travel trailer that we remodeled to our oldest son and daughter in law.  They're bringing it up to camp.  For the last three years they have been staying in our Puma bunkhouse with us.  We don't mind but 5 people and 3 dogs makes a tight fit for a week.  Plus I don't think they like sleeping in separate beds!

Pulling their camper was very nerve-racking!  The semi's on interstate made the trailer sway, which made me nervous, which made me a little carsick.  The trailer pulled fine and it made me really appreciate our "new" to us Jayco Eagle 5th wheel.

The truck did great, no issues at all.  The trailer did great, no tire issues only a problem with the trailer brakes sticking.  Dear hubby fixed them about 30 miles into the trip and we didn't have anymore troubles.

After working most of the day getting Son's camper set up we took a ride in the woods.

Lumpkin, GA

Ride to Leased property

Family Outing


It was HOT is Georgia.  I wish we would have brought a cheap blow-up pool to cool off in.  We did have a little breeze during the day but late in the afternoon it got very humid.  Then we had a thunderstorm.  We've never been there during rain like that.  There was nowhere for all the water to go so we ended up with a huge pond/river/lake.

Thunderstorm

We hope to get back to Hunt Camp during Labor Day weekend to do some work.  We have a few projects to do in the Puma.  We hope to put up some shelving inside the back bed area, move the TV for Girl M, bring some type of rugs for the living area and find a coffee table.  I also hope to get some shelving made for the old microwave spot and the food cabinet. I also want to put up a clothesline between our two campers. I am needing to wash the mini-blinds and just a general deep clean.

I am considering doing a little re-decorating in there too.  We have a cheap factory made fabric headboard I would like to remove and maybe add some type of wall-paper at the head of the bed.  I would also consider re-doing the curtains with blackout type.  We'll have to see how far Dear Hubby will let me go with this.

Until next time.....................

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment