Friday, August 17, 2018

A Little Camper Updating

There isn't much of our Eagle 5th wheel that I would change.  I LOVE the layout and it is almost 99% perfect.

But there were a few minor things I wanted to do.  Remove the wall border, try to fix the soft wall in the corner of the kitchen and make it feel a little more like home.

Removing the wall border was pretty easy.  But getting the sticky glue residue off was a bit harder.  I didn't worry removing the glue one the walls that the wallpaper was going up on.  A little more sticky to hold it together!  I tried GooGone to remove the glue, it didn't work, just made the walls oily.  I will just have to keep trying DIY stuff.


Before
 Girl M. and I like paper towels in the bathroom.  We had the hardest time finding a cheap plastic towel holder.  I tried Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, and finally found one at our local Wal-Mart.

After

$6 sign

This saying makes me chuckle!


There was a little water damage in the corner of the kitchen  behind the sink and it was bugging me.  I love everyone's idea of the peel & stick glass tile look but we had such a large area that I couldn't justify spending over $200.  So Girl M and I got a roll of peel & stick wallpaper from Home Depot for $39 and it turned out great!

Kitchen Before

Kitchen After

Kitchen After
We purchased these cute sign sayings from Etsy and downloaded them, printed them on cardstock and bought a cheap frame from the Dollar Tree.  I used double sided tape to hang them.  $6.00 framed print to help it feel like home.
Cute sign from Etsy


I had hoped to have enough of the wallpaper left over to to the area above the bed but no luck.  I think I'm going to order a vinyl decal wall saying.  

Our camping motto has always been "Making Memories". I think that would be a great saying for above the bed too.  

Bed Before
I saw a tip on a Facebook camping group that used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser mop for cleaning the awning.  Of course no one local carried the mop but I finally found one at Target about 50 miles away.  (Luckily it was a halfway point of meeting my Mom for Lunch!).

These before and after photos are hard to see the difference but let me say the mop worked GREAT!  The long handle made cleaning the awning easier and the Magic Eraser cleaned the awning in just a few swipes.

Awning before

It was very hot when we were cleaning the awning and we were trying to get it done before a thunderstorm popped up.  I try my best to be vigilant with leaving the awning out at all.  Lesson learned from past mistakes!

Awning After
The mop was an perfect tool and for only $13 and I got to have Lunch with my Mom!


Mr.Clean Magic Eraser Mop
We have a Coleman Mach Airconditioner that adjust b the thermostat.  Inside is just a square are return in the ceiling.  It didn't have a filter in it when we purchased the camper.  After looking around online I found the RV type and it was $25.00!  No way for a cheap foam filter, so after doing some research I found that I could use the same filter that goes into window type air conditioners and cut it to fit.  Ebay for $2.36!  Yeah me!

Frost King Window Air Conditioner Filter 15" x 24" x 1/4" Foam Room A/C
Our next outing is planned for Jetty Park campground at Port Canaveral, FL for three nights.  We've never been and are very excited about going.

Until next time....................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment