Thursday, July 5, 2018

Vacation 2018 Day One Heading to Savannah, Ga.

Our first day traveling was a 5 hour drive from Central Florida to Savannah, Ga.  Dear Hubby wanted to leave Friday night and find a camp about 2 hours away.  We get a little anxious when it's time to leave.  But we needed to give instructions to Boy F who stayed behind to work this week and I really didn't want to travel at night.

We left early Saturday morning and decided after about an hour of driving on I-75 to go a more rural route and drive US 301 north to as close to Savannah as we could.  I'm so happy we chose that route because about 100 miles into our trip we had a gentleman flag us down to tell us we had a flat tire.  We didn't even realize it.

We are a pretty good pit crew and Dear Hubby had the spare put on in about 15 minutes.

Flat tire #1

Tire doesn't look so good
I am so happy we didn't leave during the night!

My Pitcrew

We found a tire shop in Starke, Fl named Mosley Tire.  They fixed us up quickly and we were on our way.  A+ service!

Then about 100 miles down the road as we were turning left at a traffic light we heard a loud POP!  When we bought the camper the seller told us he had new tires put on.  I don't know why we didn't look at the tire dates.  But hindsight is 50/50!

Tire #2 is a gonner!

This one's a gonner!

Tire #2

We changed out the tire and made it to Savannah on the spare.  Since it's so late on Saturday we will have to look for a tire shop on Monday before we leave for Asheville, NC. 

We're staying at Savannah Oaks RV Resort.  I'm not sure what made me choose this park but after a long journey today I had to stand in line over 30 minutes waiting for two check in ladies giving directions and answering a million questions to the customer ahead of me.  You would think that if there are people waiting in line that you would come back at a different time to ask so many questions.

Maybe I am  just exhausted but I'm feeling a little grumpy.

The park shows you to your site which is nice but having to wait for someone almost 10 minutes after waiting in line inside is getting tiring.  Finally a lady on a golf cart showed us to our pull-through site, explained all the workings of the water & electric and told us directions to the pool, laundry, office and how to enter & exit the park.  I just wished she would have put out her cigarette while talking to us.

The campground is nothing spectacular or notable.  Shady, gravel sites, nice walk to the very hot, pool and they had a fenced dog park.  The dogs enjoyed getting off the leash for a little bit.

We weren't spending much time at the campground since we plan on visiting Savannah the whole next day.  It was pretty much just a place to plug in and rest.  We try to rate campgrounds we visit nd overall I give Savannah Oaks RV Resort a B.

The dogs LOVE to go camping.  They are great travelers too.  Just look at those faces wanting to go for and adventure!

Lulu & Bojangles

We're off to bed and get an early start in the morning to visit downtown Savannah.  I'm excited.

Until next time.........

Bonnie



1 comment:

  1. Lulu and Bobo crack me up! Zoe and Coco get car sick! So sad. I hope they grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete