Monday, June 25, 2018

Planning A Vacation

Dear Hubby agreed I plan our vacation trip and he would drive....I think I got the loosing end of the deal!

It's hard to try to get what everyone wants to do into an 8 day trip.  So far we've decided to:

Day 1:  Leave Central Florida arrive in Savannah, Ga.
Day 2: Enjoy Savannah
Day 3: Leave Savannah, Ga arrive in Asheville, NC.
Day 4: Enjoy Biltmore Estates & Asheville
Day 5: Leave Asheville, NC arrive at Stone Mountain, Ga.
Day 6: Enjoy Stone Mountain Park
Day 7: Leave Stone Mountain, Ga arrive at High Falls State Park, Ga.
Day 8: Enjoy High Falls State Park
Day 9: Leave High Falls State Park, Ga arrive Home in Florida

Girl M wants to ride a train, and we had planned on leaving Asheville, NC and head to Bryson City, NC to ride the Great Smokey Mountain Railway but the RV accommodations were pretty sketchy so my next thought was to stay near Cherokee, NC. but I just wasn't feeling it and I really didn't want Dear Hubby to have to drive mountain roads too much.  Stone Mountain has a small train ride and we've never been there.

Currently we do not belong to any camping discount groups but I have yet to find it a problem.  We do have AAA and a few campgrounds show discounts with it.  We have joined Coach-Net.  We knew having an older tow vehicle and camper we better have a little back-up.  Dear Hubby is very mechanically savvy but what if it's too big for the side of the road fix.

Many RV parks don't take online reservations and you have to fill out a reservation request form online and they will call you.  I did that for Savannah Oaks RV Park in Savannah, Ga and they called me about 9:30pm to make my reservations.  Calling that late is odd.  But I made my reservations and now I only have three more to go!

I prefer to camp at State Parks.  I like the quietness and real camping feel.  But I also have to have electric and water.  We can make it a few days without sewer.  I was able to make reservations for High Falls State Park, Ga online at www.reserveamerica.com.  Easy reservation yet!  Picked my days, picked the spot available, looked at the site pictures and paid!  Done!

Now I'm browsing the world wide web for suggestions for the Asheville, NC area campground.  I would like to be pretty close to the Biltmore Estates since we will be leaving our precious poochies for the day.  I don't really want to cut the tour short just to make a long drive back to let the dogs out.  I finally found a KOA that looked good.  We've never stayed at a KOA before.

The Stone Mountain RV park reservations should be an easy call to book.  Nope the hold on the phone was over 30+ minutes!  I ended up finding online reservations while waiting on hold.  Done!

Reservations done, now to pack up the camper!

Until next time.................

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment