Friday, July 13, 2018

Vacation 2018 Day Three Heading to Asheville, NC

Before checking out of Savannah we had to get two new tires.  One that blew at the stoplight and we see another one has a huge bulge.  I glad we saw that before we left to Asheville.

A post on Facebook about Travel trailers said that Goodyear Endurance tires were some of the best to have for your RV.  There was a Goodyear Tire close to the RV park we were staying at in Savannah, we drove over only to find out they didn't carry that tire, or any trailer tire!  Good job Goodyear!

We ended up finding Savannah Tire and boy were they busy.  I guess some employees didn't show up for work and they were slammed!  The manager ended up waiting on us, replacing our tires and he apologized for the wait.  Their prices were reasonable and after about an hour we were back to the RV park, changing out tires and packing up.

The trip to Asheville, NC was uneventful and the mountains were beautiful.  Just seeing them again was very exciting. 

Mountains!

I must give a shout out to Google Maps!  Way back when we would travel with a road map I felt like I spent my the entire trip looking at the map.  It's so nice to have the Google Map lady tell us where to turn, what exit to get off and on at, and our arrival time.  It makes being the co-pilot so much easier!

We arrived at Asheville East KOA during a little rain shower and checked in without any troubles.  The office staff was friendly and helpful.  The lady asked me if I need a garbage bag.  I was very confused.  Asking her why I needed a garbage bag, she told me for my garbage???? I declined and let her know I brought plenty.  I've never been asked that one!

A nice gentleman showed us to our site. It was a tight fight between two other campers, backed in over the Savannah River. Dear Hubby has only backed our 5th wheel up a handful of times but he's a good driver and the gentleman was very helpful without being overly pushy.  

Our site was A-6 that backed in over the Savannah River.  The water was flowing pretty good and there were a few little rapids.  We were told that they had a lot of rain the past few days.  We could tell, the site was a little muddy and some of the roads had standing puddles.  

Girl M. and I were shopping before our trip and found this grill for $19.00.  Dear Hubby likes cooking on charcoal but our storage space is so limited in the camper we didn't have a place for our little Weber. This Coleman grill even came with a tote bag to store it in.  It cooks really good and is easy to clean and only takes a small space to store.  A+ for us!


Coleman Yosemite Charcoal Portable Grill
Savannah River behind us

Family Selfie

Asheville, North Carolina KOA Asheville East

We try to grade our campground visits with a letter grade.  We're giving KOA Asheville East an A!  It seemed they had many activities for kids.  Basketball, ping-pong, swimming, bike riding, games, etc.  We enjoyed walking the dogs and they had a little fenced doggy park.  The pool looked great but since it's rained we never got to enjoy it.  We saw kids tubing down the river, and some just walking around in it.  Everyone looked like they were having fun.  Overall it was a great campground and I would visit again if we came this way.

I am so excited to take Girl M to the Biltmore Estates.  It's been over 20 years since we've been and I think she is going to be amazed at the beautiful house and gardens.  The weather is expected to be cooler 78 degrees and a chance of showers.  

Until next time..............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment