Wednesday, August 15, 2012

RV Remodel 10

All the pictures I take seem to look alike right now.  We have done a lot of work on the trailer but not too much was picture worthy.  We finished resealing the last window.  The running lights have all been replaced.  Dear hubby re-installed the water heater & re-wired the electrical cord through the access door.  We are almost ready for a leak test.

Electrical box re-wired.

Dear hubby lifted the a/c unit out of the roof.  From all of the grunts and strains I heard it must have been pretty heavy!  There was a gasket under it but it was pretty smashed in a few areas so I think that is where our leak came from.  He scraped off the old gasket (didn't look easy!) and replaced with a new one.  Re-installed the a/c unit (didn't look easy!), then tried to remember how to re-assembly the parts (wasn't easy!). 

Removing A/C unit gasket

Dear hubby put ALL the aluminum window awnings back on the camper!
 I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! I won!I won! I won! I won!  Enough with my victory dance!  He still doesn't like them but I think they serve their purpose well in protecting the windows while traveling and while it's sitting on the property in Alabama when not in use.  Besides it will keep the interior fabric from fading from the sun.... I still won!

Ok, now back to the remodel.  We think we sealed all the spots/holes that leaked so Dear hubby backed it out of the barn for a leak test.  It was a pretty tight fit to get it out of the barn.  But he did a great job and we started the water test once he got it parked.

The only two places we could find were the bathroom window leaked at the top of the frame.  We removed the window and the frame flange was a little bent from the screw holes so it will get re-butyl taped and since it's a window without a window covering I am thinking an eyebrow above will help with the water running straight into the window frame and some silcon caulk too.

The other place that leaked was the center running light on the rear top.  A little silicon caulk and that should fix that problem.

Now we are waiting for an electrician friend to come today to re-wire the outlets.  The old ones were kinda scary looking.  He will also be adding three extra receptacles. Two for the TV's and one for a microwave above the refrigerator.

New electrical boxes, receptacles, & plates, hope I got the right stuff!

Here's a parting shot of the trailer.  I taped off the floor where we can see the layout.  Once the electrician is done we plan on doing one more leak test then off to buy insulation and paneling!  Wish us luck!

Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment