Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Upcoming Trip Summer 2019

Dear Hubby suggested that we go to Branson, MO this Summer............Well...............It sounded good to me but I'm not really interested in the Branson thing..........so we've decided to visit the Ozark Mountains and surrounding areas and hopefully have time to pop over to Tusla, Oklahoma just to say we've been.



Leaving Florida we're hoping to visit Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri & Oklahoma!  We've never been farther West than Mobile, AL. One summer when the kids were little we stayed in Destin, FL and drove to see the USS Alabama in Mobile.   I'm looking forward to seeing the Mississippi River!  I do hope the flooding goes down by June though.

Dear Hubby stopped by our local Love's Truck stop and bought me an Atlas.  Who buys them anymore?  But trying to plan out our trip on Google Map on my phone & laptop was killing me.  Now I have little stickers on places I think we'll like and a real map to look at.  I must be "old school!"

We hope to stay at State Parks, Corp of Engineer Parks and National Parks.  I prefer these types of parks over resort style campgrounds.  Price being one of the reasons too.  It can add up quick for staying a total of 16 days.

We thought about purchasing a Class A but have since decided that our Jayco Eagle 5th wheel is just fine for right now.  Dear Hubby only has 1 year 10 months until he retires and we'll start looking for a Class A then.  I think that with what we have saved up and an additional 2 years we will be able to find a very comfortable "gently" used Class A.  We have a few things we do/don't want but nothing that the price can't persuade us on.

  • No window at head of bed
  • Shower/no tub
  • Kitchen counter space for coffee pot
  • Driver door would be nice
  • Gas/not diesel
  • Prefer about 33' long
  • Pet hair friendly colors would be nice too

I've started a list of things we need for the the 5th wheel for the trip and crossed a few things off that really we really didn't need.  I really, really wanted a pair of Morryde steps but Dear Hubby is afraid that they won't work on our older camper.  The problem with our current foldout steps is that it's a two step but the first step is at an odd height (mid-calf).  I bought a pair of three step fold out stairs but the camper isn't high enough so the steps don't unfold all the way. 

Morryde Steps

Dear Hubby suggested a folding type step to help.  It works perfect and folds away flat when we don't need it.  It's 4" tall and the platform is 16" x 11".  It helps with that awkward first step now.
Folding Step
Another thing that we worry about are our dogs.  We do our best to take them whenever we can during outings but sometimes it doesn't work out and we have to leave them in the camper (sleeping in the A/C!). (Please no negative comments)  We thought about a monitoring system and did a little research and have decided that a baby monitor with live feed to our phone is going to be our best choice.  We use a Verizon Jetpack for internet service already and the camera lets us see both what the dogs are doing while we are away and see the thermometer on the wall to check the temperature.
Win-Win!

MobiCam $29.99

We're trying to decide between these two MobiCams.  The bottom one has a zoom feature and pans 355 degrees.  But the 5th wheel isn't very big so I'm not sure we need the pan feature.  

MobiCam HDX $44.99
I'm off to research parks along our way to stay at and maybe make reservations.  Wish me luck and sound guidance! 

Until next time....................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are lucky to have their humans. Sounds like a win-win to me.

    ReplyDelete