Tuesday, May 29, 2018

We're Back!

We have purchased a "NEW" to us 5th wheel camper!  We are so excited to begin our newest adventure.

Dear Hubby has mentioned a few times that he wants to go on vacation.  I think that the look of horror on my face thinking about sleeping in someone else's bed, staying at a hotel, eating out so much and not having my dogs with me made him tell me to decide Hotel or RV.  So off we went to look for another (#3) RV.

Our Puma travel trailer is now semi-permanently at the Georgia hunt camp.  The remodeled Resort is now owned by our oldest son so that left us without a traveling camper.

Memorial Day we stopped by our local RV sales center.  WRONG!  The camper we liked ended up being a dud.  It had the perfect layout but too much damage.  The salesman showed us a NEW travel trailer but I didn't want a payment and $15,000 for a 16' travel trailer is ridiculous!

I have been in love with the Jayco brand for a few years.  The Jay Flight 22FB has been my favorite layout.  It checked off most of our wishes on our list.

  • Rear bath (or larger bathroom)
  • Shower
  • Sofa & dinette
  • No slide-out
  • Under 5000 lbs

Jayco Jay Flight 22FB


But the dealership wanted $8,500 for this unit and then we found that there was damage to the floor at the foot of the bed and the bottom side of the unit.  We could see the ground from inside!  Then hubby found that the front axle was bent.  Nope, not for us!

Our family is getting smaller and the kids are moving on, we don't need such a large camper.  Our daughter (the last child) is easy going and very neat.  She's now 16 so we know she'll only be going with us for the next few years.  She doesn't have to have her "own" bed and she's happy with sleeping on the sofa or a dinette.

After seeing a Craigslist Ad for a 5th wheel trailer for sale locally, we stopped by to take a look at it.  We went just thinking to look at this camper to see what we didn't want.  But...........we're bringing it home tonight!

It must have been meant to be! Because the stars lined up for us on this unit.  We have a 2001 Ford F-350 that we tow with and we have a 5th wheel ball type hitch in the bed.  The camper uses that type of hitch!  Then the seller told us he couldn't find the keys to the door or the outside compartments and would call a locksmith to come a re-key them all for us.  We had our Puma keys in the truck and tried them and THEY FIT!  The seller came down $500 on the price and we shook hands and are bringing this beauty home today!

2001 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel
 The inside of this camper was spotless!  No smells and everything was very shiny and clean.  A+ for them and for us.

I know this isn't new but we have kids, dogs and and husband who isn't the neatest, so I think this is perfect.

Rear kitchen

Living/Girl M. Sleeping area
 I had to settle for a tub/shower but I think I can compromise.  I wanted a regular shower so I didn't have to step up over the tub side.  We're getting older, but we'll survive.

Shower/Tub
 Seller installed a new foot flush toilet recently.  SOLD me in a minute!  Our Puma has a handle by the seat and I HATE it! Bending over to flush the toilet is disgusting!  I always close the lid but I would rather use my foot.

Lots of storage in the bathroom.  We may do a little upgrade in here because the border paper is peeling by the door, but it's a great camper bathroom.

Foot flush toilet!
 Queen bed I think, maybe a double?  I'll have to measure it when it gets here.  But look at that headboard storage.  Someplace to put our phones to charge at night, our glasses and a bottle of water!  Typical RV clothing storage but we are accustomed to that.

Master Bedroom
 The sellers put a new roof on it last year and showed us the damage prior to repair.  They haven't had any issues of leaking since putting on the new roof.  I was happy they were honest, and showed us where the damage was.  It's nice to deal with honest people.

Side View

Front View

There a a few minor repairs and replacements we want to do but nothing major.  I am excited to be going camping again and more happy we stayed in our budget and got most of what we wanted AND my dogs can be with me!

I'm sure there will be more post coming

Until next time............

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I love the rear kitchen. That is a great set up. Good counter space in the bathroom, too. yay!

    ReplyDelete